Mini Clothespin Snowmen

Christmas crafts are in full swing…and only 18 days until my craft show at Clarkson U! The store shelves are lined with holiday goodies…face it people…Christmas time is HERE!

So I wanted to share this fun little project that I recently finished, that came out super cute. My friend Christine gave me these mini wooden clothespins because she knew I could “use them for my crafts somehow.” I have been on a big snowman kick lately so this is what I came up with! Like I said…I LOVE things in miniature!!!

These were SOOO easy and fun to make! Here’s how:

First off, make sure to get the right clothespins. These are 1 and 1/4 inch long and 1/4 inch wide. There are many mini clothespins out there are really narrow and wouldn’t work for this project, so make sure they are wide enough to paint a face!

These are the exact ones I used – they are the Walmart brand and can be found in the office supplies section.

First, spray paint the mini clothespins white or off-white. I used American Accents “Ivory Silk.”Ā  I spray painted versus hand painting because I wanted to cover all the nooks and crannies. It’s so much quicker and easier if you ask me. Dot on the eyes, mouth and buttons and freehand the little nose with a small paint brush…even the sharpie paint markers were a little too big to use on these tiny clothespins!

A side profile showing placement of the scarf. It’s not glued in, just held in place by the inside part of the clothespin.

They can be clipped to anything! I love the idea of clipping small decorations or Christmas cards on a ribbon, like on this picture below. I see here they used regular sized clothespins covered in glitter…another easy project to try!

(Picture from http://www.mysweetheartmoments.com/2009/12/creative-christmas-card-displays.html)

What else could these little snowmen clips be used for?? Any ideas??

1. photobyholly
    Nov 15, 2010 @ 09:34:53

How CUTE!! šŸ™‚

2. Cindy
    Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:00:29

Very cute!! I love anything to do with snowmen too! I have a snowmen tree that I put up every year. Wishing you a great show!!
    ~Cindy~

3. lilie
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 15:19:36

how do you make the nose on the snowmen?

Sep 01, 2011 @ 16:06:54

Hi Lillie, I just paint them on with a small paint brush. If you use the right brush, it’s just a small stroke to make the perfect nose. I would suggest practicing a few times til you get the hang of it! They are a fun little project. Let me know how they turn out! ~ Maggie šŸ™‚

4. Amy
    Dec 12, 2011 @ 15:04:36

Hi! I fell in love with these cute little snowmen and made some up myself! I just did a post on them, linking back to you. If you want to check it out it’s here: http://sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-snowmen.html

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration & Merry Christmas!
    Amy

5. LC
    Sep 21, 2012 @ 17:07:19

Loved this idea! I just made a whole bunch of refrigerator magnets inspired by this post and they are flying off my shelves in my booth! Thanks for the idea. You can see my try at these on my blog here: http://www.booth555.com/2012/09/snowmen-clothes-pin-magnets.html

6. Jaclyn Marcotte
    Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:43:42

How much are you selling the clothes pin snowmen for??

Oct 08, 2012 @ 19:38:45

Hi Jaclyn! I am going to be selling them for $1.50 each I think. I am going to take them all to my show in a few weeks and then anything left over will be put up for sale in my Etsy store! If they are a hot seller, guess I’ll have to whip up some more! šŸ™‚

7. Donna
    Oct 20, 2012 @ 13:02:00

such a cute idea thank you for posting šŸ™‚

8. Trackback: Snowman craft round up {winter craft}
  9. Trackback: Holiday People Clothespin Ornaments and Jewelry | Brandywine Jewelry Supply Blog
  10. Trackback: Snowmen "clothespin" Magnets | Booth #555