Foam Alphabet Stamps

So I have been moving away from stencils and getting more into foam stamps, mainly because of their versitility. Below are some examples of some signs I have made using various foam stamps…which I have become partial to over stencils. I have decided stencils are a pain in the @$$. The stamps make it possible for you to spell out any saying or phrase you wish, and make custom signs.

This one I made for my cousin Karen to give as a Christmas gift to her sis-in-law, who had a baby in 2010. Cute idea, huh? That’s all for now. Thanks for checking out my stamps for sale. Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2011! 🙂

1. Cindy
    Dec 30, 2010 @ 21:10:17

Hi Maggie,
    Just wanted to get back with you on your question about how I got the rustic/vintage look to the pictures on my blog. It is with photo apps on my iphone.
    Have a Happy & Crafty New Year too!!
    ~Cindy~

2. jo
    Feb 19, 2011 @ 15:50:33

I purchased a set of the double sided foam alphabet sets. I want to use them on paper crafts. At first, I tried using stamp ink. I didn’t like that outcome. So I then tried using the felt tip end pens. That either work. How do I use these double-sided stamps? Any tips on the pressure and inks?

Feb 21, 2011 @ 11:04:16

Hi Jo! I haven’t used the stamps on paper yet but I imagine the paint I used on the wooden signs would work well on paper. I use acrylic craft paint. Squirt some on to a plate or piece of scrap paper and use a small piece of sponge to dab a small amount of paint onto the foam surface of the stamp. Dipping the stamp right into the paint would put way too much paint on the surface of the stamp, and would distort the letters and squeeze out from the sides as you pressed down on the stamp…so definitely try the sponge technique. Practice on scrap paper first until you get it down. Let me know how it works! Good luck and thanks for visiting my blog! ~Maggie

• Jean Shouder
      Jan 26, 2012 @ 15:12:48

Where did you purchase your double sided stamp. Have been looking for some. They are hard to find.

3. Lori
    Jun 18, 2011 @ 15:24:15

Hi,
    Can you tell me where you got the alphabet stamps you used on the “Believe”, “Hohoho”, “Santa’s Watching” etc.? I’ve tried Googling Creative Imaginations, Creative Cafe, Joanne’s and “foam alphabet stamps” but having no luck finding that size in that font. THANK-YOU!
    Lori

Jun 18, 2011 @ 20:30:36

Hi Lori! It took me forever to find these stamps too. They are the brand Making Memories and the font style is called “simply fabulous”. I ordered them online, but I don’t remember from where…it was ages ago…sorry! They are not in any of the craft stores, so you’ll probably have to order them online too. Here is a link to them so you can see the details and possibly even order them! http://store.scrapbook.com/mm-27233.html. Thanks for checkin in and good luck with the stamps! 🙂 ~ Maggie

4. Jean Shouder
    Jan 26, 2012 @ 15:10:25

Would like to buy the stamps. Have been looking for some. How do I purchase them

Jan 26, 2012 @ 15:26:31

Hi Jean,

I apologize for not taking down the pictures but those stamps have already been sold. Yes, they are VERY hard to find! I get mine off the internet mostly, places like Etsy and Amazon or just searching on Google and finding them available through random people or stores. Occasionally I can find them in craft stores, but usually they don’t have a large selection of the larger sizes (only miniature letters). Sorry again, but good luck finding them!!

Maggie 🙂