Fall in WNY!

The view of the hills back home over the weekend was awesome. The Fall foliage is at it’s “peak” in Western New York. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves!

While I was home, I also scored a few primitive pieces out of my step-grandfather’s barn, that I can’t wait to clean up a bit and get into my booth. To start, I thought this rickety old stool could be very cool with a little TLC!

This piece is an old mailbox with lots of little cubbies – perfect for displaying all kinds of little knickknacks! The holes are for poking your fingers through to lift your mail, so it’s easier to grab. I may have to slide in a little piece of wood or heavy card stock in the slots that I plan to display stuff, so they aren’t falling through the holes! I gotta clean it up a bit, but I am going to leave the worn, chipping paint as is! 🙂

The other really cool piece is this antique seed bag mover. Love the rusty hardware! Would make a great garden piece!

So Sunday night I finished up the pumpkin patch for our “Pick a Pumpkin Out of the Patch Discount” at The Carriage Place! Can you tell I used “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” for my inspiration? LOL! I added the little tree for a scary factor. Picked it out of the weeds in the field behind my house!

We are going to fill up the pumpkins with slips of paper that indicate a prize, discount, free appraisal, etc. for customers at the co-op to “pick” on Halloween weekend!!! I can’t wait!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Can’t wait for my best friend Teeny to come down this weekend and do a little craftin’ with me. It’s always more fun to do that stuff with a friend. We are going to try out a few NEW projects that I’ve never attempted before. I’ll letcha know how they come out! 😉

Later gators! 🙂

1. Barbara
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 20:07:51

Love this time of the Year! Great photos Margaret!

2. Cindy
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 22:30:55

Great Fall photos!!
    Great finds too!!
    Very cute discount pumpkin patch!!

Oct 21, 2011 @ 12:17:29

Hi Maggie,
    Gosh, I have been having troubles lately posting comments here. So far so good today, seems to be working! I just looooove the pics you took of the Fall foliage. Yes, it’s a beautiful time in WNY isn’t it? I could do with a little less rain though!
    You scored some great finds in the barn ~ love the mailbox. I would have never known what those holes were for. You learn something new everyday. I also enjoyed your tute on spray painting the Dollar Store bells. Very cool idea. I hope you have fun crafting this weekend! Enjoy!

Oct 24, 2011 @ 10:56:02

Thanks Mardell, you’re so sweet!!!! Yes, this time in WNY is the BEST. Wish it was longer. I had a great time crafting this past weekend with my friend who came down to visit. Tons of Christmas stuff in the works!!! Hope you get a chance to stop out at the Carriage Place soon! I am working all day Saturday!!! 🙂

4. Sandy Robinson
    Dec 29, 2012 @ 22:42:06

Oh I just found your site via Pinterest and I am so in love with it!! I have spent the last hour or so looking and ran across this post of Oct 2011 stating you are from Western New York. As I am also, from Portville, NY, I was curious what town you were from, the pictures are beautiful and look so familiar to the fall around here. You have given me so many new ideas that I hope to be able to do ALL of them and will keep following you!! Thanks again..Sandy

Dec 31, 2012 @ 06:15:45

Hi Sandy! I just realized I sorta mis-labeled that post! I live in Hilton, NY (a suburb north of Rochester) but those pics were taken back home where my mom lives, in Marathon, NY. It’s a little town about an hour below Syracuse. I guess the post should technically be Fall in CENTRAL New York! hehe. Fall sure is gorgeous anywhere in NY though…it’s my favorite time of year. Thanks so much for reading my blog and I am glad you have found some inspiration! Good luck on your projects!! Happy New Year! 🙂 maggie