A Successful Craft Show!

Phew! What a whirlwind it’s been this month with all the crafty stuff going on mixed in with the usual holiday hustle and bustle! My big craft show was last weekend and I thought I’d share some pictures! It went GREAT…sold out of a ton of stuff! I have learned it’s the knick-knacks and little ornaments that people love!!! 🙂

The homespun candy canes were a HUGE hit! Sold every last one of them!

My friend and author Barbara was unable to make the show this year so we had a small table to sell her wonderful books, Snarly Sally and The Reindeer Keeper.  She writes the most magical stories!

And there’s my associate and best friend Christine making a sale…don’t know how I’d do it without her!!!

Our helper and mascot Miss Melanie, reading the bags like book…lol 🙂

I want to say thanks for all the encouraging words and support from everyone while getting ready for the show. Things went great and I can’t wait for next year!

I also wanted to share a few pictures of some of the cute holiday crafts made by some fellow crafters. I am happy to have provided a bit of inspiration and/or tips for some of these fun projects! It’s always neat to see someone else’s interpretation of a similar project! 🙂

A fellow crafter, Melba, made some homespun candy canes using real candy canes! She also used glue dots and tape, rather than hot glue – so they can be unwrapped and eaten later! 🙂

Amy from sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com made some adorable mini snowman clothespins, along with some normal sized ones, and clipped them on her tree! So stinkin’ cute!!! I like the ribbon scarfs as an alternative to little homespun fabric strips!

Well, I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and great week leading up the Christmas. I can’t wait to go home and see my mom for a few days and enjoy some quality family time. 🙂 I am going to be taking a bit of a break from crafting so I will likely be back after the new year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

1. cheryl
    Dec 18, 2011 @ 12:43:24

It is so refreshing to see the handmade items. They have way more character than the imported items.

2. Phyllis Holtermann
    Dec 18, 2011 @ 12:47:45

Love the candy canes…….made 18 like yours with a greenery sprig and red berries and two little bells tied on each one. Looks great on my “Prim” kitchen Christmas tree! Thank you so much for the ideas! A dollar store just opened up in our town and you can bet I was right there for the little candy canes! Have a wonderful Christmas and just wish I could have been at YOUR sale! Love the pics!!!
    Phyllis Holtermann
    Oakhurst, California

3. joe-eye
    Dec 18, 2011 @ 15:35:43

Great job. Hoping 2012 will be even more successful for you!

4. Cindy
    Dec 18, 2011 @ 21:37:11

Congrats on a great show!!

Dec 18, 2011 @ 23:48:05

Thanks again to you and Christine for letting my books join your display. Hopefully next year I will be able to again exhibit at this amazing show. I love all your pictures of all your amazing products on display!!

Dec 20, 2011 @ 11:54:55

Hi Maggie!
    Wowzers ~ I am so thrilled to hear that you had an amazing turn out. It’s no wonder, b/c all of your stuff is amazing! I just love every single thing! Even right down to how you display things. (Esp. the enamelware.) Congrats and now I give you permission (ha ha) to take a much deserved breather.

Merry Christmas!
    Mardell in Pavlion

7. buggalcrafts
    Dec 23, 2011 @ 22:07:01

I’m so glad u had a sucessful craft show, but how could you otherwise with all the hard, creative work u put it! I love your stuff. It’s so great!

An update on my FABRIC COVERED CANDY CANE crafting: I am now using Foam Glue (LOVE this stuff!) to attach the fabric to the plastic candy cane. It is working great! And no burned fingers PLUS safe for kids too!

Inspired by u I’ve started a craft blog too! So please stop by and take a look! I have posted all the photos of my “Cookie Christmas Tree” and will start posting directions for the ornaments I came up wth and the urls where I found some of the ones I made.

Thanks again for all the great crafting ideas! I can’t wait to get started on some of the ones I didn’t have time to try for this year!

melba

8. Anne Dial
    Dec 28, 2011 @ 10:11:31

Congrats on a Wonderful Show…Amazing Crafts. I have taken a Year off from Crafting..after having Breast cancer ..but can’t wait to get back into it all and to show some of my crafts as well.
    Keep up the Wonderful Work…and Just think SPRING craft shows are just around the corner..Time to get your thinking Cap on 🙂

9. Tona Haggermaker
    Jan 13, 2012 @ 15:48:15

Where is the craft show that you were in?

10. Amy
    Nov 05, 2012 @ 22:30:54

Oh My Gosh! I’m over here checking out your blog after seeing your cute little Gingerbread Clothes Pin Clips on Pinterest and I found your link back to my Snowman Clips I made for our tree last year! Thank you so much for the link back! 🙂 I’m all giddy and famous feeling! Anyway…I love your blog and the things you’ve made. Esp. your rag candy canes, yard stick stars and the giant snowmen clips! Have a Happy November! 🙂

Nov 09, 2012 @ 12:23:34

You’re welcome Amy! I thought the link would ping back to your blog so I am sorry you never knew about it! lol. I loved your snowman clips! They are such a fun project and always so popular in my booth and at craft shows. Thanks for all your nice comments and a very Happy November and holiday season to you as well!!! 🙂 Maggie