Scoring Big at my First Auction!

Happy 2012! Hope everyone had a great night. I celebrated by watching the annual Twilight Zone marathon and dozing off by 10…yup, a regular party ANIMAL! So…isn’t the world supposed to end this year? Guess we better make it a good one! 🙂

Today I spent the day at my first real auction, and it was everything I hoped it would be! The auctioneer in his big cowboy hat, going a mile a minute while people nodded their heads and occasionally yelled out YEEEEEEEEEPPPPP just like Dave from Storage Wars! LOL! It was amazing. I went with a bunch of fellow vendors from my co-op, and I came home with a truck full of primitive kitchen gadgets, crocks, jugs, and a few other treasures. I had to share!!!

First of all, I got this leather antique baby carriage. It’s a little bit “Addams Family”…exactly the reason I bought it! Creepy COOL!

Some old cast iron muffin pans…

and stoneware crocks and jugs galore!

One of the best scores of the day was probably this antique butter churn…I got it for an incredible price. To keep, or not to keep…that is the question! 🙂

A (copper?) bed warmer

I also got a huge lot of primitive tin kitchen tools and gadgets. Boy do I have some homework to do. I am familiar with some of these items, but not all…but that’s the fun part!

And one of my favorites of the day: a small, very cool shaker box.

More kitchen gadgets…

And even MORE! I LOVE them ALL!!!!

I thought this piece was particularly interesting. Upon some research I have discovered it is a 19th century gun shot & powder measure. Freakin SWEET!

I am so excited to get some new, quality items in my booth. It was starting to get bare and I need a break from the crafts, after the whirlwind of Christmas crafting. I am bringing some of this stuff over to the co-op on Wednesday, so I’ll be sure to get some new booth pics!

Til then, have a great week! 🙂

1. Rose Clawson
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 21:18:32

You have some great finds! Love all the kitchen finds and the wonderful crocks! You did good!

2. Anne Dial
    Jan 01, 2012 @ 21:56:35

Good For you ..what Great finds …:) Happy New year

Jan 01, 2012 @ 23:23:43

I know I’d keep that butter churn and probably most everything else. Such great finds! What a way to start 2012! Happy New Year Margaret-and happy researching all those nifty little gadgets and things!

4. Cindy
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 00:17:42

Great Finds!!
    I would keep the better churn…but knowing me, I would want to keep everything.
    Happy New Year!
    Cindy

5. Phyllis Pajka
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 12:38:30

I can remember my grandmother using a butter churn just like that. She had a bowl she would put the butter in that made and imprint on the top. She would pat it and pat it with this small black wooden paddle to get all the liquid out of it. Gosh I’d take the churn in a heartbeat.

6. Cindi Poulson
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 18:15:04

I love auctions! I have to say, I have never scored this big at an auction! You got sooooooo many great items! I’m so jealous! Love the butter churn, and the shaker box but my favs are the kitchen gadgets and cast iron ware! Great haul girl!

Jan 03, 2012 @ 12:04:44

Hi Maggie!
    Wow, you really did well!! I have never been to an auction and have always wanted to. My mouth is drooling at all of your goodies! 🙂 Love estate sales, too. You have GREAT taste, girl.

Jan 04, 2012 @ 08:35:38

I forgot to mention that I love “Storage Wars!” Esp. the Dave “yuuuuup!” LOL

Have a great day. Hope you’re keeping warm. Brrrrr…..

9. Deena
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 14:21:43

NO..the crafts are so cool, and I love your ideas..please keep them coming..Spring and Easter and lets not forget Valentines day are coming. I do so look forward to your fresh and inventive ideas!