Repurposing an Antique Level

I’m all about simple, EASY make-overs and repurposing old JUNK! I got a good one for ya – an old level turned key holder!

I got this piece out of a huge box lot from an auction a while back that cost me $1.00. It was really grungy, so I wiped it down with some Murphy’s Oil Soap. I love how cleaning it up really brought the red out!

Hammered in a wall hanger on the back…

…and a few cool hooks on the front, found at Hobby Lobby!

I thought about doing it horizontally, but I liked the vertical look better! And to make hanging easy, the actual little glass level tube still works, inside that little hole!

Total cost: $5 for the hardware. I always wait until the knobs/hooks at HL are 50% off, which is fairly often. The level was practically free when you count all the crap that came in that box lot!

ANNNND, I have some other exciting news! I am expanding to another small booth at The Carriage Place! This is the crappy booth that I will be taking over…say GOODBYE coffee mugs, crappy vases, and ugly 80’s fake flower wreaths!!! Muahahahaha! (please note: my opinions are not necessarily those of The Carriage Place Co-op!!)

I painted it an olive green because I thought this big cupboard that I am going to use to display a lot of “smalls” would really pop. It’s still pretty empty but I will be fillin’ er up over these next few weeks!

I spent the weekend doing lots of little projects and cleaning up some neat “picks” so I will be sure to share those soon! Have a junk-tastic week ya’ll! 🙂

1. cheryl
    May 07, 2012 @ 14:40:18

That was an ugly assortment of stuff in that booth that you are getting. I’m sure the store wasn’t sad to see it go.
    I loved your level key holder. Nice idea!
    I’m also looking forward to see your space filled with neat stuff. Good luck!

May 07, 2012 @ 21:06:17

Love how you make something so unique out of nothing! Congratulations on your expansion-love the olive green-at least it looks olive green!!

3. Sharon
    May 09, 2012 @ 02:48:20

I couldn’t send an email. Can you tell me why WordPress is sending me commercials that are loud and no I don’t want a phone or whatever.
    I love your blog and I hope I continue to receive it.

4. Sharon
    May 09, 2012 @ 02:50:33

I just need to get the annoying things gone so I can just enjoy your blog and adventures you go on to find items and what they become after you make them
    yours.

5. Janice
    May 09, 2012 @ 18:46:55

I wanna go ‘pickin’ with you two!!! Love your ideas and finished products! Makes me want to hole up in my craft room and get busy! You have some of the best ideas and I can’t wait to try some of them out! Keep up the good work!

6. Cindi Poulson
    May 13, 2012 @ 18:12:17

I love this idea! My dad gave me one special level before he died and I just have it propped in a corner in my living room! Now I know what to do with it to preserve it because dad gave it to me! I simply love you ladies! Wonderful ideas! Keep on pickin and great job!