How to Make Your Own Stamped Gift Tags

Happy Fall!!! We just got home from week in Orange County, NY, for a Police K-9 Seminar that Greg was sponsoring, and boy was the weather and scenery spectacular! Upon getting home I realized there is just one month to go before my craft show and sooooo many things left I want to do…crap! I wanted to share some stamped gift tags I made because I think they have potential to be really great craft show sellers!

For these cute lil gift tags, I used a heavy stock brown kraft paper, which I got out of the scrapbooking section of the craft store. It was likeΒ  $.20 a sheet or something ridiculously awesome like that.

I cut the card stock into strips and used a small tag punch to punch out tons of tags. I got this at one of the craft stores (Michael’s I think?) for about $12, after using a coupon. It was originally around $20, but TOTALLY worth it since you can make an unlimited amount of tags!

I used a tiny hole punch to make the holes and some black string for the ties.

I made a TON more than are shown here…they are so versatile! For gifts, price tags, decoration, craft show sellers, or general crafting! You could use different thin ribbons and different colored inks / papers…there’s soooo much potential!

I decided to leave some blank and stamp some, both for my craft show. I chose this cute little gnome stamp which sorta passes for an elf for the holidays…

And of course, Santa!

Β I packaged ’em up, 4 to a bag. I am thinking $1 per bag. It’s a descent profit for me, but a great deal for customers too. What do you think?

A

Oct 01, 2012 @ 18:31:25

I never knew there was such a thing as a tag punch-Love those Santa tags-they have an antique-look..as does that abandoned, creepy hospital!

2. cheryl
    Oct 01, 2012 @ 20:10:18

Wow! That was cool! Some of those hallways reminded me of a building I taught in for quite a few years. It was the basement where they went to the locker room, cafeteria, and a few classes. ugh!

3. LC
    Oct 01, 2012 @ 21:42:54

i go through tons of tags per year. i have made my own out of those brown bags for lunches before, but they were flimsy. Definitely gonna try how you done these. way cool!

• LC
      Oct 01, 2012 @ 21:46:34

ps, super cool ghost hunt also!!!!!! i love things like that. theres a “haunted” cemetery close to our home, so they say… it was on tv as one of the scariest cemetery around here.

4. Phyllis Pajka
    Oct 02, 2012 @ 13:29:49

It’s amazing how important those things are one day and then the next day they just walk away and leave everything. Always strikes me as weird.

5. Crystal
    Oct 08, 2012 @ 15:41:16

If you need more of the craft color card stock Michael’s has the 50 sheet pack on sale this week for $2.50 (at least our store here did). It works out to 5 cents a sheet…. awesome profit margin πŸ˜‰ Just love your blog and craft show ideas.

Oct 08, 2012 @ 19:36:58

Thanks for the tip Crystal! Yes, they are probably the most profitable thing I make! I’m definitely checking it out this week πŸ™‚ Thanks again! Maggie

• Crystal
        Oct 09, 2012 @ 22:49:21

You are so welcome! I just have to ask where you got that Santa stamp. I am trying to find one like it and the ones I find are so hokey looking. LOL

Oct 10, 2012 @ 08:07:39

I know what you mean – a lot of the holiday stamps are really dorky. lol. I found this one at Hobby Lobby. Any time I am in a craft store, I always look at the stamp section to see what they have, because the good ones are so few and far between! Good luck – if I see any more good Santa’s I’ll keep ya posted!!! πŸ™‚

6. Crystal
    Oct 10, 2012 @ 09:01:16

Sounds good, thanks! We don’t have Hobby Lobby here (yet). I love that store!

7. Crystal
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 01:05:12

Hmm.. the link didn’t come through. If it’s not too much trouble can you e-mail it to me at narayan17@hotmail.com πŸ™‚ Thanks so much!

8. Rebekah L.
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 16:58:53

I’ve tried making tags just like these and have found that my punch absolutely will not cut through the cardstock I have. I haven’t been able to find any thinner brown kraft cardstock, though. 😦

Dec 05, 2012 @ 19:16:40

I found brown kraft cardstock in the scrapbooking paper section which worked really great! It was the perfect thickness. You know the little racks that are stacked up and hold all the different large square sheets of scrapbooking paper? They were in one of those! Keep and eye out and keep trying different card stocks…it’s such a great little tool for all kinds of projects!!! πŸ™‚

Dec 05, 2012 @ 19:16:40