Dollar Store Craft ~ Snowman Head Bottle

After my last project, I was in the mood to continue the snowman theme! The result: a cheap glass bottle turned country snowman decor!

I got this $1 bottle at Michael’s because of its unique, narrow shape. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be the perfect shape for stacked snowman heads! I labeled this post a “dollar store craft” because the Dollar Tree has a great selection of glass jars, wine glasses, glass candle holders, etc., that you could cover with cute snowman faces!

This DecoArt multi-surface paint is my new favorite. It gives great coverage and I love the fact that it cures, leaving a permanent design. Regular acrylic paint will work too, as long as you finish it with a clear sealer.

I used two different sized foam stamp brushes to create the heads. The foam stamps are quick, easy, and make the heads look like fluffy snowballs!

Looking back, I wish I had stamped the heads closer together, creating a more “stacked” look. I shall have to try it next time. For the next step, paint on long, skinny noses and little rosy cheeks. I made sure to point the noses in different directions to keep it interesting!

Then, paint two little dots for the eyes, and more dots in a semi-circle for the mouth.

I added a homespun fabric accent around the neck of the bottle. I debated on using a navy blue or red ribbon, but I always seem to come back to the homespun! I am thinking this is simply a decoration and not a functioning container, as the neck is too skinny for anything to fit down in the jar. Maybe you could use it as a holder for a sprig of poinsettia or holly berries? πŸ˜€

With this paint, it takes a week to cure and will then be a permanent finish. No need to seal, however, I was thinking of putting on a little sparkly mod podge over the faces. Just to give the jar a little sparkle here and there. To sparkle or not to sparkle; that is the question!Β What do you think???

Happy crafting!

P.S. Thank you for all the sweet comments lately. You guys are the best. Hope you’re enjoying the holiday season! ❀

1. BETTY J TERRY
    Dec 16, 2017 @ 11:56:09

VERY CREATIVE……….LOVE IT

2. Jo Hoppe
    Dec 19, 2017 @ 12:21:11

Love your snowmen bottle ! I enjoy all of your posts ! Happy Holidays to you and yours from Maine !

3. Cheryl Howard
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 12:23:11

So adorable – I love everything you do! Merry Christmas, Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family! So great to see you crafting again. You are an inspiration to me πŸ™‚

Jan 09, 2018 @ 07:39:50

Thank you Cheryl for your kind words! I hope you enjoyed the holidays too. It has been great getting into crafting again…now the hard part is keeping this mojo going! The holidays always get me in the crafting mood. Thanks again for following and have a great week! Maggie

4. Lisa
    Dec 30, 2017 @ 20:26:56

I think that is just adorable! Would look really wonderful with real cotton stems coming out of the bottle.
    I think I’ll just have to make this one!😊
    Thank you for the wonderful idea.
    1 question tho, where do u suggest I get the stamps 2 make the snowman heads? I don’t have a Michael’s around. I live in a tourist town. We’ve recently got a Hobby Lobby & of course a Walmart. & is there a paint that would dry faster? Just joined ur posts recently & LOVE THEM!!!! Thx 4 ur input!

Jan 09, 2018 @ 07:36:53

Thank you Lisa, you’re so sweet! I actually got those little stamping brushes at Walmart! Walmart has a surprisingly good selection of craft supplies (at least mine does) so I usually check there first cause it’s always cheaper! I love how that bottle came out and I want to make more next year. Hope you enjoyed the holidays and thanks for following! Maggie